Keeping your lifestyle healthy is an essential need if you don't want to fall ill. We all look for some ways to keep our lives fit and pro-active if we have certain health goals to meet. There are a various number of ways to go about it. A healthy diet, walking, going to the gym, etc. can all help to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
However, not all of us have hours to spend at the gym. But that doesn't mean you can't get the most for just a 30-minute gym session.
If you've only got 30 minutes for your entire workout, you can't afford to waste a second. Here are some useful tips that can help you get the most out of it!
Tips for an Effective 30-Minute Gym Session
- Firstly, you should select the pre-workout concoction of your choice. It can be any healthy and energetic thing which can help provide your body with the energy it requires to exercise.
Also, make sure you have got a bottle of water or an intra-workout drink with BCAAs to see you through the next half hour. Having your own source of water stops you from wasting time when looking for a water source around the gym.
- Even though there are time constraints, you still need to warm up. It'll only take you about two to five minutes. As you should start with cardiovascular work, you should ease into it with slower paced movement. Ensure that you keep all of your movements low-impact.
- Now it's time to pick up the pace. Perform a cardio regime in for the next 5 or 10 minutes. You can also use some light weights to work your muscles and breathing. You may feel like a clock is ticking away but make sure you don't rush.
Remember that it is better to have a short session where you're maintaining a good form than just going through the motions for half an hour.
- Once you're done with cardio, you should work on your core. Do a few ab-centric exercises such as sit-ups, planks, and more. Try and focus on your core for at least ten minutes. You can also add in a few pushups in there if you want.
- Work hard and don't think about checking your cell phone or taking a gym selfie. This is the time where you need to focus on what you're doing and getting the most out of 30 minutes at the gym.
- Keep your breaks or resting period during the workout to a minimum. You only have 30 minutes to use your muscles, you can rest once the session is over.
- In the last five minutes, you'll need to go through a cool down routine. Bring the pace down to lower your heart rate. Calm your breathing and loosen your muscles. Perform some stretches and feel your body relaxing.
- Take a sip of water as well. Always make sure that you stay hydrated especially after finishing a gym session.
You can go ahead and use the above tips whenever you head to the gym. The good thing is that you change things up as well if you want. One day you can spend more time on your core while. On the next you can devote more time working your legs. The more you change things up, the more it'll benefit your body.
Never allow yourself to live an inactive life because you might think that only 30-minutes won't be enough. If you're able to utilize these 30-minutes well you'll realize that you have more than enough time to mold your body for the better.