10 FOODS THAT CAN HELP YOU START CLEAN EATING
Thinking about making lifestyle changes that will make you feel healthier? Warding off all those diseases and adding a few, extra years to your life? Then, what you really need to do, is to start eating clean. Eating healthy isn’t only something that is meant for losing weight or maintaining a good figure; it is something that is highly beneficial to your body in the long run. Advantages include raised energy levels, a powerful immune system and an increase in the overall quality of your life. So, let us now discuss what foods can help you start eating clean:
- VEGETABLES: One of the ideal foods to add to your diet when eating clean. Provide a lot of vitamins and minerals, are low in calories and high in fiber. They keep you full longer while helping you maintain your calorie count. They also help detox the body by driving toxins away.
- FRUITS: The benefits of adding fresh fruits to your diet are not very different from those of vegetables. They contain a lot of fiber, minerals, vitamins, and
- WHOLE GRAINS: Whole grain sources such as barley, oats, brown rice, whole wheat bread/pasta when added to your diet help reduce blood cholesterol and lower the risk of heart disease. Whole grains are also excellent in aiding bowel movement.
- LEGUMES Are high in B-group vitamins and are excellent sources of folate which is required for blood production. They contain antioxidants and are low in saturated fats. They contain a high amount of dietary fiber as well.
- BEANS: Beans are high sources of protein, complex carbs, and Are also high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- DAIRY: Dairy products like milk, cheese and yogurt are essential in providing calcium and Vitamin D to your body. Yogurt and cheese help replenish the good bacteria in your body that helps in maintaining a healthy digestive system. Milk is also an excellent source of protein. Butter is rich in fatty acids, healthy saturated fats, and fat-soluble vitamins and provides your body with the fats it Eggs are high in proteins, vitamins, and minerals and help make a full meal.
- MEAT: Protein cannot be missed out when talking about a healthy diet and clean eating. Protein is essential for the growth of muscles, bones, cartilage, skin, and blood and is an important component in many hormones and enzymes. Protein is not only required for growth but also for repairing damage caused to bodily tissues. Good sources of protein are chicken, beef, mutton, and
- NUTS: Although higher in calories compared to other similar amounts of food, there is no denying that they are packed with healthy nutrients. Bursting with Omega-3 fats, antioxidants, and minerals; nuts are an excellent snack when taken in proper portion sizes and allow you to feel full longer and reduce cravings for junk.
- VEGETABLE OILS & FISH OIL: Cooking your food in vegetable oils such as olive oil, canola oil, and soybean oil adds omega-3 fatty acids to your food which improves cardiovascular health and minimises the risk of heart diseases.
- WATER: Drinking 8 glasses of water a day helps regulate body temperature, ensures proper circulation of nutrients and prevents dehydration which slows down the circulation system.
Along with clean eating, one must remember to avoid processed foods, drink a lot of water, sleep well and exercise every day. It is also important to make sure you control your portion sizes regardless of what you eat. Eat clean religiously, and in no time, you’ll start feeling healthy both inside and out!
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.