Baked Chicory with Horseradish sauce & Swiss Cheese
- 4 Chicory heads
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 4 tablespoons creamed horseradish
- 600ml white sauce recipe
- 40g Strong Swiss cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Slice each head in half from root to tip.
- Warm the rapeseed oil in a large frying pan over a moderate heat, then place the halved chicory and saute frying both sides let both chicory brown slightly turning them over and making sure that the chicory does not colour too quickly. Add the white wine vinegar to the pan.
- Make white sauce (follow this recipe - make double), add creamed horse radish to mixture.
- Place in baking dish and cover with white sauce then grated cheese on top. Place into an oven preheated 190 degrees and bake for around 30minutes, until the cheese has melted and is golden brown on top.
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.