Fitness Benefits of Coconut Water
Although it seems like coconut oil is getting the most attention lately, another coconut-based product offers a number of fitness benefits as well: coconut water. This palette soothing, thirst-quenching drink should literally be in every gym across the world, and here are a few reasons why:
- It assists with weight loss. Most people work out not because they enjoy it, but because it helps them lose weight and/or maintain their loss. Well, coconut water assists with that goal because it makes you feel fuller than regular water, which means that you’ll eat less at your next meal.
- It aids in digestion. Nothing can slow your fitness progress like a tummy or digestive tract that simply won’t cooperate. However, drinking coconut water can help remedy these types of gastrointestinal issues thanks largely to the fiber it contains.
- It keeps you hydrated. If you’re exercising for extended periods of time, then you likely need to hydrate yourself with something beyond just plain water. If you don’t, you risk your electrolytes falling out of balance which can take its toll on you mentally and physically. Coconut water is a much healthier option for this than sports drinks which are often high in sugar. It’s also lower in salt which is a bonus too.
- It can lowers blood pressure. Going back to the electrolyte issue that intense exercise can create, this can cause your body to raise its blood pressure, potentially putting you at risk of heart attack or stroke. So, again, keeping in check by drinking coconut water is another way to also keep your blood pressure where it should be.
- It offers a variety of different nutrients. Coconut water contains magnesium, phosphorus, and other good-for-you-nutrients that your body needs to function effectively and efficiently.
Adding coconut water to your fitness program is a great way to enjoy these fitness benefits. Do you drink coconut water? If so, what is your favorite brand?
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.