10 Good Food Habits
One of the toughest things about losing weight is that it takes time. And it not only takes time, but it also takes the development of good food habits if you want to keep the weight off long term. After all, if you just go back to your old eating behaviors, you’ll also go back to your old waistline.
To keep you from doing that, here are 10 good food habits you can start to implement…today:
- Choose natural over processed. Natural foods have more nutrients because they’ve not been processed out and fewer not-good-for-you ingredients. This makes them a win-win.
- Eat a lot of vegetables. This is one food group that a lot of people tend to skimp on, but it’s also the one food group that contains a multitude of vitamins without providing a multitude of calories.
- Cut up your veggies right when you buy them. This makes it easier to grab them as a snack if you’re on the go.
- Skip the condiments. Most condiments are high in fat, sugar, salt, or some combination of all three; therefore, you’re better off learning to love the taste of foods without them.
- Always have healthy foods on hand. Having healthy foods available when you get the urge to eat can save you from bingeing on high-calorie, high-fat foods just because they’re the only things there.
- Cook with healthy oils. Olive oil is a fat that is actually healthy for your heart. Coconut oil is a good option too.
- Create a meal plan. By knowing what you’re going to eat ahead of time, you’re less likely to order takeout because you don’t have what you need on hand.
- Watch your beverages. Water, tea, and coffee are good, but if you have a serious latte or soda habit, then you’re likely taking in a lot of extra calories.
- Play with spices. Healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring. Play around with spices and create different flavors.
- When you eat, eat. Don’t multitask when you’re eating. Pay attention to the foods, their tastes and textures, and you’ll likely notice you get filled up quicker.
Any that you’d like to add? Feel free to comment below!