We all know that vegetables are good for us as they have high fiber content and provide a lot of the necessary vitamins and minerals we need to enjoy the greatest level of health possible. But did you know that some vegetables are superior to other when it comes to the nutrition they contain?
Here is a list of some of the top vegetables to add to your diet, giving you the best health you can get all by choosing the right foods to put on your plate:
- Cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, and kale – These cruciferous veggies are known for their cancer-fighting agents, making them essential to anyone that wants to do their best to avoid this all-too-common tragic disease.
- Spinach, romaine, and Swiss chard – Dark green leafy vegetables like these also offer a lot of nutritious benefits since they have a lot of energy-promoting vitamin B and several antioxidants that have been proven to have a positive effect on your health.
- Onions, leeks, and garlic – Season your favorite dishes with these types of veggies which offer a variety of benefits to your heart. They are also anti-inflammatory, which is advantageous for a number of diseases ranging from heart disease to fibromyalgia.
- Avocados – Some people avoid this particular vegetable because it is higher in fat, but it is good fat that protects your heart and your brain function.
- Sweet potatoes – Add these orange colored vegetables to your regular menu and you’ll be able to enjoy some sweetness without negatively impacting your blood sugar. Plus, they are also anti-inflammatory which makes them great picks for people who suffer from arthritis and asthma conditions.
Add these vegetables into your diet by putting them in salads, stews, and side dishes and you’ll be as healthy as you can be. That is a great goal to achieve!