Go out for a good Asian meal and you’re often faced with tempting high-fat high-calorie options like sesame chicken and General Tso’s chicken. While meals like these may make your mouth water at the mere thought of them, they aren’t going to help you fit into your skinny jeans or look great in your bathing suit.
Not to worry, though. There are several Asian meals that are fairly healthy for you, allowing you to successfully meet your goals while still satisfying your taste buds in the process. Here are just a few of the best:
- Barbequed Pork with Broccoli – With minimal ingredients of rice (ask for brown to make it healthier), pork, broccoli, and oyster sauce, this meal gives you all of the nutrients you need. It contains protein, carbs, veggies, and even a fairly healthy, sweet and savory sauce.
- Miso or Vegetable Soup – Both of these soups are broth based, making them one of the most nutritious things you can eat if you like Asian food but don’t want a lot of calories. Plus, start your meal with one of these and you won’t be so hungry for the main course, allowing you to make better choices when it comes to deciding what and how much to eat.
- Sashimi – Order this raw fish dish with steamed veggies and you’ll get lots of great nutrients without a lot of added fat. Some sushi rolls have similar ingredients, but remember that the sauces that many contain aren’t the best when it comes to eating healthy.
- Steamed Fish – A lot of Asian meals are created using steamed fish, which is always good for you, especially when paired with some steamed veggies and a side of brown rice.
- Tags: Asian recipe, cooking at home, food, foods, health, Healthy Recipes, lifestyle, summer cooking, Wellbeing