Chickpea Lentil Biryani Vegetarian Recipe
Chickpea biryani is a very simple dish to make. This recipe will take around 40 minutes in all to prepare and cook. The recipe below was cooked for 2 person.
- 1 Tin cooked chickpeas (drained)
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 knob ginger
- 20g Cumin
- 20g Gram masala
- 15g Turmeric
- 25g Ground coriander
- 2 white Onions (diced)
- 1 litre vegetable Stock
- 100ml Yoghurt
- 1 cup of rice
- First prepare all the vegetables and then place a deep pan on high heat, make sure that the pan you use has metal handles as you will be placing this into the oven later.( turn the oven on 170c)
- First add oil cook the garlic, ginger, chickpeas, lentils and onions together. Cook for 3 minutes then add all the spices to the pan cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- Once all the mixture is brown add all the vegetable stock on high heat cook for 10 minutes then add all the rice stir a few times and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Now the biryani is ready just take out of the oven and stir in yoghurt.
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.