Soccer is one of those sports that rely on a great deal of footwork in order to move the ball and out manoeuvre your competitor. And there are several speed ladder drills you can use with a agility ladder to help you do both of these things, ultimately building your speed and endurance, and improving your soccer performance.
- With the ladder lying on the ground, run through it as fast as you can, making sure that each foot lands between each rung before moving to the next one.
- Run through the ladder, taking two steps forward and then one step back, alternating this pattern until you reach the end.
- Run along the left side of the ladder, making sure you put your right foot in between each rung before advancing forward, then do the same thing on the right side of the ladder.
- Hop as you go through the speed ladder, making sure both feet touch in the spaces between each rung.
- This time, hop forward skipping a rung each time.
- Hop side to side, going to the right of the ladder with the first hop, between the rungs with the second hop, and to the left of the ladder with the third hop, continuing this pattern down the length of the ladder.
- Moving alongside the left side of the ladder, hop your right foot into the space after the first rung, then let both feet land (your right foot inside the rung and your left foot outside) as you move into the second space. Alternate this pattern through the ladder and then do the same thing on the other side.
- Start with both feet outside the ladder (each one on opposite sides) and then jump them both into the space between the rungs at the same time before jumping them both outside the ladder again, continuing this pattern as you progress through the speed ladder.
- Go through the ladder alternating the foot you place outside the ladder and the one you use to step between the rungs.
- Run through the speed ladder backwards, following any of these patterns.
These our the top 10 soccer speed ladder drills
As you are aware football agility ladder drills are important for speed development, increasing your reaction is a great way to improve your game play.
Completing agility ladder drills training sessions regularly can help you adapt and learn new techniques for many different sports like: football, rugby, tennis, hockey, American football and Boxing or any other competitive sport were footwork is used in play.