There’s a reason why Popeye is a crazy spinach lover. Spinach is loaded with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, iron, and magnesium. Spinach is beneficial for the eyes, helps to reduce stress, prevents cancer, and maintains blood pressure.
Spinach can be consumed in many ways. There's canned, fresh, cooked, raw, or even spinach powder. All these ways are delicious, especially powder spinach. It can be easily added to every smoothie, soups, casseroles, and more.
The following are some fantastic health benefits of spinach powder.
- Heart: Spinach powder is rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C strengthens our immune system. It also protects from cardiovascular diseases. The presence of lutein in spinach prevents the arteries from thickening. The high amount of nitric acid prevents heart attacks, maintains blood pressure, and also cures certain diseases related to the heart.
- Bones: Vitamin K is loaded in spinach powder. This type of vitamin is responsible for producing a protein called osteocalcin that maintains the level of calcium in the bones. Vitamin K also has natural properties for healing wounds.
- Energizing: Spinach powder contains the type of magnesium required by your body. Magnesium generates energy to help perform our daily chores. Spinach is a naturally alkaline vegetable. And, according to science, an alkalized body can keep you energized through the day. Research has proven that people who consume spinach powder regularly require less oxygen when exercising.
- Anti-Cancer: Green vegetables like spinach contain chlorophyll. According to many pieces of research, chlorophyll present in spinach powder has anti-carcinogenic properties. The high levels of vitamin A and C, as well as folic acid, reduces the risk of lung and colon cancer. Women who consume spinach powder regularly have a low risk of ovarian and breast cancer. The antioxidants present in spinach powder have anti-inflammatory properties, which play a role in keeping cancer at bay.
- Skin and Hair: The main reason for hair loss is iron deficiency. However, spinach powder has an adequate amount of iron to prevent hair loss and promote healthy hair growth. Also, oil buildup on the face is the leading cause of acne. Vitamin A and C present in spinach powder lessen the production of oil and fight acne, dryness, and other skin related problems. Retinoid present in vitamin A acts as an anti-aging agent.
- Asthma: Studies show that the risk of asthma is less in the people who consume a high amount of foods rich in beta carotene. The nutrient that prevents asthma is called "beta-carotene." Spinach powder is considered to be the best source of beta-carotene. This nutrient is also beneficial for reducing symptoms in people who already experience asthma. Furthermore, magnesium present in spinach powder plays a role against asthma attacks, too.
- Diabetes: Spinach powder contains an antioxidant called alpha-lipoic acid. A study revealed that people with diabetes who ate 600mg of alpha-lipoic acid every day for a month showed less neuropathic symptoms. These symptoms included burning and stabbing pain, numbness in hands or feet, which are common in diabetic patients. Antioxidants also increase insulin sensitivity and lower glucose levels.
- Anemia: Iron deficiency is the main reason for anemia. In anemia, blood can't produce hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is the protein in the blood responsible for transporting oxygen to all organs. Anemia patients are advised to eat food rich in iron. Spinach powder is again helpful because it is iron-rich. It is necessary for people who are at the risk of anemia or already dealing with it to add spinach powder in their diet.
- Eyesight: Lutein is a carotenoid present in spinach powder that is good for eyesight. It prevents and cures cataracts, blue light damage, and blindness due to old age. Lutein is stored in the macula (part of the retina) and works as a natural sunblock, protecting your eye from sharp light.
- Antimicrobial: The high amount of vitamin A present in spinach powder is helpful to the mucous membrane and skin to repel harmful bacteria and viruses. So, begin eating spinach powder to repel those tiny enemies.
Well, now you know why Popeye loved spinach so much. It would help if you considered adding spinach powder to your food to boost your health. Don't worry; it won't change the taste of the food.
- Tags: Body Health, fit health, Fitness Health News, Health, healthy, healthy recipe, Healthy snacks, heart, life health, vegan, vegetarian