Nootropics are supplements and substances found naturally that have a positive effect on human brain function. They can boost motivation, alertness, creativity, and memory. Nootropics are also helpful in reducing the risk of diseases related to old age.
For those wondering, below are 10 best nootropic supplements to boost brainpower!
- Fish Oils are an excellent source of two types of omega-3 fatty acids called DHA and EPA. DHA plays a vital role in brain function, while EPA has anti-inflammatory properties to protect the brain from damage caused by aging. Taking DHA supplements improves brain health, memory, and thinking power.
- Resveratrol is found in red and purple fruits. It is an antioxidant that can slow down the damage in the brain as you grow older. Moreover, it can improve brain function and memory. Consuming resveratrol supplements can reduce the decline of an important part of the brain related to memory known as the hippocampus.
- Caffeine is naturally found in coffee, tea, and dark chocolate. It works by charging up the central nervous system and the brain, which makes you more alert and less tired. There is not really much need to take caffeine supplements when you can get caffeine from the above-mentioned sources.
- Phosphatidylserine, also known as phospholipid, is a compound found in your brain. Studies share that consuming phosphatidylserine supplements is helpful when it comes to keeping the brain healthy. It improves thinking power and sharpens memory.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine is produced naturally in the human body. It is an amino acid responsible for improving metabolism and helps in energy production. Research states that consuming Acetyl-L-Carnitine enhances brain function in people with Alzheimer's or dementia.
- Ginkgo Biloba is a herb obtained from the tree of (as stated) Ginkgo Biloba. It is a famous and incredible supplement that people of different age groups consume to boost their brainpower. The herb has various benefits for people belonging to a range of age groups. In the elderly, it works as a shield to control the brain's damage due to old age, while it acts as a memory booster in middle-aged people.
- Creatine is found naturally in smaller quantities in the brain and mostly in tissues and muscles. It is a common supplement found in meat, fish, and eggs. Vegans are mostly deficient in this element because their diet lacks any meat or poultry. Fortunately, they can consume supplements to make up for it.
- Bacopa Monnieri is a herb that has used in Ayurveda for developing brain function for many years now. Studies display clear evidence that this herb is useful for boosting memory and thinking skills both in elderly and young people managing certain brain diseases. The side effects of this herb do include an upset stomach and diarrhea. That's why it's recommended that this herd be consumed with food full of fiber.
- Rhodiola Rosea is a herb mostly used in Chinese medicine to improve brain health and well-being. People who consume this supplement have displayed a decrease in fatigue and improvement in brain health. Studies have revealed that people who didn't consume Rhodiola Rosea got tired sooner when compared to those who did.
- S-Adenosyl Methionine is an element occurring naturally in the human body. The function deals with the creation of proteins, hormones, and fats. It acts as an antidepressant in people who have depression. Certain studies have shared that people who consumed SAMe as an antidepressant responded to the same kind of therapy they didn't respond to before.
Wrapping It Up!
The above-mentioned supplements are known to be effective when it comes to improving human brain health as well as offering protection from damage. However, do remember that brain-boosting supplements (or Nootropics) might not work as intended for everyone and must be taken with precautionary measures. So, do consult your health provider before consumption.