Ten Benefits of Vitamin E Supplements
Vitamin E is the name given to compounds with beneficial antioxidant properties. In simple words, Vitamin E is the vitamin which dissolves in fat and is essential in making red blood cells within the body.
It is found in many foods such as vegetable oils, cereals, fruits and is also obtained as a supplement on a wide scale to enhance its effects.
Vitamin E is used in preventing diseases of the heart and blood vessels including, hardening of the arteries, heart attack, and high blood pressure.
Treatment of diabetes is also among its beneficial uses. Vitamin E holds high significance when it comes to having strong immunity as well as healthy skin and eyes. In recent years, supported by research, vitamin E supplements have become popular as antioxidants.
Let’s take a look at ten essential benefits of Vitamin E supplements:
- Firstly, Vitamin E supplements contain antioxidant properties that play a pivotal role in combating menaces such as cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, etc. They play a significant part in treating patients who have Vitamin E deficiency, for example, individuals on low-fat diets.
- Secondly, due to its antioxidant properties Vitamin E supplements reduce the risk of coronary artery disorder, sunstroke or heart disease thus showing the great importance it has in preventing blood platelets from clumping.
- Moreover, Vitamin E supplements promote the circulation of blood to the scalp thus adding to the significance of its anti-oxidant properties. Vitamin E supplements also contribute to hair care by reducing fatigue and strengthening capillary walls while nourishing the cells.
- These supplements also benefit the skin. Vitamin E is absorbed by the outermost layer of the skin and can be used as a sunblock; in other words protecting one from the sun. In addition to this, it can also treat wrinkles, brown spots, and rough skin. They play a major role in rejuvenating the skin and making it healthy.
- Vitamin E supplements also play a crucial role in reducing the harmful effects of procedures like radiation and dialysis, as the antioxidants present curtail some of the side effects of these processes such as vomiting, nausea, fatigue, etc.
- Vitamin E supplements sometimes play a beneficial role in improving an individual's physical endurance. They not only help in reducing muscle damage after exercise but contribute significantly to muscle gain and strength because nutrients in such a vitamin protect against cell damage. This is why a person who has low Vitamin E levels has weaker muscles and is frailer.
- Furthermore, women also use Vitamin E supplements for many reasons. Most notably, consuming such supplements prevent problems such as high blood pressure, menopausal syndrome and hot flashes in late pregnancies. Recent studies have also shown how these supplements reduce the side effects associated with breast cancer amongst women.
- Another reason as to why such supplements are popular is because they can solve eye related problems such as cataracts. The powerful antioxidant properties of Vitamin E protect the eyes from damage, thus lowering the risk of cataracts and age-related degeneration.
- Similarly, these supplements also help in treating respiratory infections such as asthma as antioxidants in Vitamin E allow white blood cells to exit the blood and enter the tissues alleviating lung inflammation.
- Lastly, one of the most significant benefits of Vitamin E supplements is the making of red blood cells in the body.
There are still numerous benefits of taking such a supplement. It also helps in preventing cholesterol imbalance within the body.
Normally (as with anything else), an increased use of these supplements will be harmful to you. But if consumed the right way, Vitamin E supplements will surely offer a lot of health related benefits to you.