Pesto Herb Scones - recipe homemade bakery
Pesto herb scone recipe
Scone recipes are easy! You can adapt the recipe adding ingredients to deliver your own personal scone. Simple rules when baking scones .
- Always make a mixture that is slightly wet.
- Never over mix the dough, mix until it just binds.
- Always preheat your oven.
- Check they're cooked before removing from oven. If not reduce the heat and cook for longer.
Recipe below makes 5-6 large scones
Flour - 200 g
Milk - 200 ml
Cheese grated - 100g
Pesto - 10g
Mixed herbs -10g
Baking powder - 20g
Pepper and salt - pinch
Tomato fresh- 1 small diced
Chopped parsley - handful
- Pre heat your oven
- Mix all the dry ingredients together with your hands using a large mixing bowl
- Mix together until everything just binds
- Grab a handful of mixture and place onto greased tray and place in oven
- Cook for 176c 3 minutes( achieve good raise)
- Then turn down and place on 165c for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool on tray
Freshly baked scone with some melted butter, you can't go wrong!