If you’re a man and like to engage in sports or have a physically demanding fitness routine, there are certain vitamins that can keep you healthy in the process. So, whether your goal to keep your body in optimal condition is to win over your opponent or simply to reach your personal best, you’ll want to make sure you get enough:
- Vitamin B – Taking a B complex (one that has all of the B vitamins, like riboflavin and niacin) will give your body the energy it needs to keep going through grueling workouts and sports activities. Foods high in vitamin B include pork, dark leafy greens, fortified cereals, potatoes and most shellfish.
- Lycopene – This nutrient has been found to decrease your risk of both cardiovascular disease and cancer (particularly, prostate cancer), two conditions that can make being active difficult, if not impossible. Make sure you get enough by eating tomatoes or tomato based products such as spaghetti sauce (choose options that are low in sugar for even better health).
- Manganese – The key to living an active life is having bones that can sustain your activities of choice, which is exactly what manganese does for you. It keeps your skeleton strong so that you can play hard without risking easy breaks or fractures. Bran, seeds, dark chocolate and nuts are all higher in manganese.
- Vitamin D – Another vitamin that helps protect your bones is vitamin D. In addition, D has also been shown to reduce your risk of heart attack and decrease your feelings of depression. You can add foods like soy beans, kale and spinach to your diet or simply step out in the direct sunlight for 15 minutes a day as both will put this key vitamin in your body.
Get these five vitamins in daily and you will be able to enjoy your fitness sports and activities for years to come!
- Tags: Cardio Exercise, Gym, Men, Multi Gym, Muscle, Power, Strength, Supplements, Vitamins, Wellbeing