Resistance Band's with Handles VS without Handles
Resistance bands have gained immense popularity over the past few years as they are extremely pocket-friendly and very effective. Their portability is another factor that is making them every gym lover’s staple. The main aim of a resistance band is to increase the overall muscular strength of an individual and as their name suggests: they increase resistance.
Resistance bands come in two forms either with handles usually referred as resistance tubes and the ones without the handle. They both are very similar in nature and can be used interchangeably, but there are some minor differences between the two which we will explore as this article progresses.
The main difference between the two tools is the shape, and that’s how they get their names. Resistance bands are a few inches wide and are made with flat pieces of latex while resistance tubes are usually round pieces of rubber rather than flat. Most of the resistance tubes have a diameter of around an inch.
Another distinguishing factor between the two is the presence and absence of handles. Even though the handle can easily be attached to either of them but is generally found on resistance tubes. There are a number of styles of handles that are found on the resistance tube; some are detachable others are permanent. The only reason why handles are placed on the tube and not the band is that the band doesn’t work very easily with the handle.
The resistance level, the brand are two factors which determine the cost. However, the fact whether it is a band or a tube also somewhat impacts it. Generally, the tubes are slightly more expensive as compared to the bands. As there are additional charges for inserting the handle and the tube itself is more expensive than the band.
The type of resistance material used plays a minor role when it comes to exercise; it’s just that some exercises are easier to do by using one of the band rather than the other. The resistance band is best for exercising that require the resistance cord is in level with the floor like it is during the bench press. On the other hand, resistance tube is great when exercises involving a pulley is required.
ADVANTAGES OF USING RESISTANCE BAND
1. They are extremely easy to use, and it distributes the pressure equally.
2. They are portable, and one can easily fold and travel with them, their light weight also adds to this.
3. They are recommended to people with weaker joints and to children.
4. Ideal for people who are interested in yoga.
DISADVANTAGES OF USING RESISTANCE BAND
1. The chances of the band snapping are more as compared to the tube. The flat resistance band cannot be stretched as much as the tube which elevates the chances of it snapping. But thank god it doesn’t hurt as much as the tube does!
2. The resistance band doesn’t have a wide range of resistance rating as compared to the tube. The strongest resistance tube’s power is way more as compared to the strongest resistance band.
ADVANTAGES OF USING RESISTANCE TUBE
1. The durability of a resistance tube is longer as compared to the band. Overstretching is prevented in the tube by using certain special features.
2. A wide range of resistance rankings is available like 13lbs, 30lbs, 3lbs, etc.
3. Resistance tubes are recommended for more intense exercises which are done by athletes and other stronger individuals.
4. A number of accessories are available with resistance tubes which are not with resistance bands.
DISADVANTAGES OF USING RESISTANCE TUBES
1. Resistance tube snaps with a much stronger force as compared to a resistance band thus the chances of injury are higher. Thus, better quality tubes are recommended by professionals.
2. There might be certain red marks on the body with slight pain when using a resistance tube as the pressure is exerted to a smaller area as compared to the band.
3. They are not as easy to carry as the resistance band.