How to Change Your Diet for Maximum Performance
Do you want to run faster, lift heavier weights, or perform better at your sport of choice? Are you looking for ways to maximize your potential so that you are the best athlete you can be? If so, a couple of changes to your diet may be just what you need to give yourself that edge.
When it comes to optimizing your physical potential, what you eat matters. After all, you can’t feed your body junk and expect it to perform well. It needs a multitude of vitamins and minerals in order to gain in strength, speed, and endurance so, how do you get them?
Eat these types of food:
- Lean protein (beef, pork, chicken, turkey, fish, eggs)
- Complex carbs (whole wheat bread, brown rice, wheat pasta, fruit, veggies)
- Low-fat dairy (2% or skim milk, low-fat cheese and cottage cheese)
- Healthy mono and polyunsaturated fats (nuts, seeds, avocados, salmon)
Drink Lots of Water
In addition to fueling your body, you also want to hydrate it as well. This means drinking ample amounts of water all day every day. How much should you consume?
Aim to drink anywhere from 6-10 glasses daily. On days when you work out, you’ll want more to replace the water that you lose via sweating so keep a glass of H2O by you when you’re at the gym.
Some people shy away from taking supplements because they feel that they are unnatural and, therefore, not good for your body. However, there are plenty of nutrients that are helpful when you’re trying to experience gains in your fitness and performance levels.
Here are some of the most common:
- Protein (whey, soy, blends) – for growth in muscle strength and size
- Creatine – increases muscle mass
- L-Carnitine – speeds up fat loss
- Green Tea Extract – good for fat loss and energy
Make these three changes and you’ll be better able to hit your peak performance!
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.