Quiche recipe home cooking.
I love making quiche! quiche has to be one of the easiest foods to make and bake. You can make thousands of different fillings to make your own personal recipe. Make sure the vegetables are part cooked.
Recipe for pastry.
- 480g Flour
- 250g butter
- 30 ml water
- Place flour and butter into food processor and blend together 2 minutes
- Keep adding water a little at a time until dough is made, you can use more water if needed; remember to add a little at a time, the flour will absorb the water when mixing. Different flours need different water levels. 2 minutes
- Once dough has formed a nice and easy to use, remove from blender and place in cling film and refrigerate for 20 mins. Move to preparing filling.
- 3 florets Broccoli chopped small(steamed and rooted)
- 2 Red onions finely diced and cooked without colour
- 50g grated cheese,
- 3 tbsp thick cream / cottage cheese healthier option.
- 2 eggs whole raw.
- 1/2 cup chopped sundried tomatoes.
- Turn oven on 150c.
- Combine all these ingredients in a bowl.apart from grated cheese.
- Take pastry out and roll tart base, you can use a large tart dish or individual if needed, make sure inside the case is greased before placing pastry in. Roll, and cut to size using a little flour on the bench and rolling pin.
- Blind bake for 5 minutes on 150c, then remove
- Once tartlets are ready, place ingredients inside and bake for a further 20 minutes on 160 c.