Spinach has to be one of my favourite leaf vegetables, you can do anything you want with it, it’s so easy to add to curries, salads, rice dishes, but do you know that fresh spinach has nearly nine times the amount of vitamin K (bone builder).
Using fresh spinach in your salads are a great way for tasty and awesomely nutritious , Also 2 cups spinach a day will make sure you have enough zeaxanthin and lutein as these will help protect you vision.
- 50g butter
- 100g flour
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 litres vegetable stock
- 100g fresh or frozen spinach
- 2 Cloves of garlic crushed
- 200g Grated cheese
- 2 large onions diced small
- 2 carrots diced small
- 3 Fresh tomatoes diced
- 100g mushroom sliced
- 100 ml cream fraiche
- 1 Pack Lasagne sheets
- 8g mixed herbs or basil
- Place large sauce pan on the heat and make 2lt vegetable stock using cubes or powder
- In a small pan melt the butter and add garlic, fry for 1 minute on medium heat then add the flour to make a roux
- add salt and pepper, mustard and mixed herbs to dry roux mix, add to the roux to the hot vegetable stock and whisk until white sauce is formed
- add the mushrooms, onions ,carrots,spinach, tomatoes and half the cheese keep on the move
- Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes stir to make sure it does not burn
- Place first layer of sauce in baking tray, then cover with lasagna sheets, repeat 3-4 times until mix is finished.
- Finish with last layer and top with creme fraiche and then cover with remaining cheese ,place in the preheated oven at 170 f allow 45 minutes to cook.
Serve with side salad
This is a great dish tasty and good for saving money; preparation time would be 1 hour. If you want to make life easy for yourself make double the size and place one half in the freezer.