How to stir fry vegetables
Lots of vegetables sliced – Carrots, cabbage, onions, leeks, peppers etc. Mostly any vegetable can be used,
- Using a large frying pan or a wok would be a ideal way to cook your stir fried vegetables.
- Add a little vegetable oil and sesame oil , 1/4 cup vegetables 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Place pan on med heat, allow the pan to get piping hot before dropping the vegetables into the pan
- add 3 tbsp rice vinegar, 1 tbsp of sugar and pinch salt and pepper
- use 1/4 cup water to make sure the vegetables don’t burn, you can always add extra herbs or spices.
The best way to cook your veggies is the Asian way, stir fried most goodness is held inside and locked away, not dissolved into a large pan of wasted water.
Cook your veggies by shallow frying in a little vegetable oil, this method of cooking will help you seal the vegetables and keep all vitamin and mineral goodness inside.
Steaming food is very healthy, just remember you shouldn’t over steam as this can give you the same result as boiling, best method of steaming is how the french say ‘ al dente’ meaning ‘ crisp to the bite’
The best of all is bye eat raw vegetables, this keeps all the nutrients or minerals from your foods fresh and healthy. Wash first before consuming and chose you vegetables wisely, I wouldn’t think that chewing on a raw potato we be the greatest taste in the world, while some others would disagree.