Recipe for pesto pasta bake
- Pasta 400g
- pesto 80g
- Parmesan grated 60g
- pine nuts 20 g toasted
- basil handful fresh
- tomato puree 2 tbsp
- garlic puree 1 tbsp
- chopped tomatoes tinned 400g
- Mixed herbs 10g
- salt and pepper pinch
- sugar 2 tsp
- balsamic vinegar 3 tbsp
- Cooked pasta and drain with sieve, run pasta through cold water to stop the cooking
- Place saucepan on medium heat, add crushed garlic, onions and capsicums.
- Make sure you keep stirring the mix on the heat , to stop them from burning, cook for 1 minute
- Add tomato puree and tinned tomatoes chopped cook for a further 3 minutes
- Add herbs, sugar and a little balsamic vinegar after 2 minutes on the heat remove season with salt and pepper
- Add the sauce to the cold pasta, add toasted pine nuts and fresh basil mix together, then cover with grated parmesan.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes on 200 c, cook with lid or tin foil covered for 20 minutes and finish for the last 10 without.