Pasta bake pesto
Recipe for pesto pasta bake
- Pasta 400g
- pesto 80g
- Parmesan grated 60g
- pine nuts 20 g toasted
- basil handful fresh
- tomato puree 2 tbsp
- garlic puree 1 tbsp
- chopped tomatoes tinned 400g
- Mixed herbs 10g
- salt and pepper pinch
- sugar 2 tsp
- balsamic vinegar 3 tbsp
- Cooked pasta and drain with sieve, run pasta through cold water to stop the cooking
- Place saucepan on medium heat, add crushed garlic, onions and capsicums.
- Make sure you keep stirring the mix on the heat , to stop them from burning, cook for 1 minute
- Add tomato puree and tinned tomatoes chopped cook for a further 3 minutes
- Add herbs, sugar and a little balsamic vinegar after 2 minutes on the heat remove season with salt and pepper
- Add the sauce to the cold pasta, add toasted pine nuts and fresh basil mix together, then cover with grated parmesan.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes on 200 c, cook with lid or tin foil covered for 20 minutes and finish for the last 10 without.
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.