Simple ways to cut bad fat
Limit meat products that are high in fat content, such like sausages, pies, burgers & salami. Look for lower fat atlenatives, fresh meat is ideal as you can see and taste the difference.
Trim the fat off away from your food and keep the meat lean and healthy.
Choose reduced fat dairy products like low fat yogurt and semi skimmed milk.
Eat more fresh vegetables and fish, at lest two portions of fish should be consumed each week .
Snack more on fruit, bananas and apples instead of crisps and chocolates
Steam, boil, poach, bake or grill your food, try cooking without fats and oils where ever possible, less frying and roasting food.
Try making one of our home made soups
Carrot, ginger & cumin soup
- 1 kg carrots peeled & chopped
- 3 large onions peeled and diced
- 1 small cut of fresh ginger
- 20 g cumin ground
- 10g ground coriander
- 5g cumin seeds
- 1 tin coconut milk 300g
- pinch salt and pepper
- 2 litre stock ( chicken or vegetable)
- Boil water, add chicken or vegetable stock to boiling water and mix
- Place prepared carrots and onions into boiling stock and leave on the heat for 20 minutes until carrots are cooked fully
- Add the salt, pepper, spices and ginger and blend together then add coconut milk
- Cook for a further 5 minutes, keep stirring then serve hot.
- You can always finish with a pinch of fresh herbs to make it special.
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.