Serves 6 people
1 tbsp Flour
1 tbsp Vegetable oil
1 onion finely chopped
1 bay leaf
1.3 lts Vegetable or chicken stock
1 cup low fat milk
20 ml lemon juice
Salt & pepper
- First boil salt water then add lettuce when boiling
- Cook for 1 min then remove lettuce and add stock
- Chop lettuce roughly
- Then place a large sauce pan on heat
- Add oil then onion & bay leaf, cook for 2min
- Once onions are soft add the flour and stir in well
- Add stock slowly until all used
- Add lettuce, nutmeg, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- leave simmer for 20 mins
- Return to pan and add cup of milk then serve.
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.