We have put together some simple recipes for Christmas leftovers. It’s normal to cook too much for food for the Christmas dinner feast. We all enjoy the turkey and stuffing sandwiches but too many can be boring, why not try the turkey pie recipe below.
Christmas stuffing turkey pie
- 300g cooked turkey
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 100g stuffing
- 50g butter
- 100g flour
- 300ml milk
For the pastry
- 340 g plain flour
- 170 g butter
- First make your pastry using flour and butter place in a food processor and add a little water 10ml -20ml , mix until pastry is formed, add the water to soften it then remove and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Make the white sauce with butter, melt the butter then add flour until paste is formed, once the flour has absorbed the fat from the butter add the milk or stock slowly, 1/2 cup at a time, add mixed herbs at the end.
- turn on oven 190c.
- add all the vegetables and turkey to the sauce, cook for 10 minutes
- Use the stuffing fill the base of the pie, cover with turkey and vegetable sauce
- Then remove pastry from fridge role out and cover the top of the pie, make sure you use flour when you role the pastry otherwise its going to stick everywhere.
- Once covered brush with egg wash, and place into preheated oven and cook for 40-50 minutes on 175 c.
For Christmas cooking ideas please follow here