Awesome soup recipe, so cheap, easy to make and great in using up the big heavy broccoli stalks. The Stalks make the soup thicken and give it a warm hearty texture. Make sure you chopped the broccoli stalks small as the skin of the broccoli can be stringy when blended.
- 700 grams Broccoli stalks peeled & chopped
- 2 large onions peeled and diced
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 2 litre stock ( chicken or vegetable)
- 50 ml Milk or cream
- Bay leaf
- Boil water, add chicken or vegetable stock to boiling water and mix
- Place prepared broccoli and onions into boiling stock and leave on the heat for 20 minutes until broccoli is soft and onions are cooked fully
- Add the salt, pepper and blend together with milk
- You can always finish with a pinch of fresh herbs to make it special.
Broccoli is an amazing vegetable, its packed full of nutirents and vitamins,
Vitamins A, B6, B12, C,E, K
- Omega 3