Great breakfast choice, making poached eggs for breakfast is one of the tastiest and healthiest ways to consume your free range eggs. Always use fresh eggs when possible, if you use old eggs you will normally find the egg whites are weak and the yolks tend to break in the pan.
If you're having problems and your eggs keep cracking, try placing the eggs to the sauce pan with a cup.
- Place of water in the sauce pan ideally 3 inches in height, add either vinegar or lemon juice, 1 tsp per each cup of water. If you have neither of these acids then you can use salt, add the same quantity 1 tsp per cup to make salted water for cooking the egg.
- Bring your water to the boil then add the eggs into the pan and reduce the heat by quarter.
- If you like your eggs runny then cook for 4-6 minutes , medium 7 minutes or fully cooked 8-10 minutes.
Eggs will normally absorb heat from the water and they will take longer to cook. Always check the size of the egg, if you have small eggs then the times above are fine. If you have larger normally add a minute longer. If you aim to remove eggs with a slotted spoon this will remove any excess water.
- Place 2 egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and pepper all together in a bowl then then beat mixture until smooth.
- Melt the 1/4 cup of butter with the microwave, wait until the butter is fully melted. Then slowly stream melted butter into the egg yolk mixture whilst whisking
- Place the bowl in the microwave heat for 15 to 20 seconds, remove then whisk