Mediterranean Chicken, Lentil and Risotto Casserole
- 1 pack of chicken thighs or drumsticks 500 g
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- Half a cup of olives
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- 2 peppers large diced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Red onions diced
- 3 sprigs of fresh Rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup of lentils
- 1/2 cup of risotto rice
- 1 tbsp sugar
1. First place a little olive oil into large hot sauce pan, then bring to heat adding garlic and vegetables once pan is hot. Sauté vegetables and the meat for five minutes making sure you keep moving the ingredients so they don't burn.
2. Add water to the mix then add your stock, cover saucepan with lid and cook for a further 6 minutes on medium high heat.
3. Once stock has fully dissolved add the tin of chopped tomatoes to the mix and stir in, allow to cook for a further 4 minutes on medium high heat.
4. Add the risotto rice and remaining ingredients sugar, rosemary, salt and pepper. cook for 20 minutes on medium heat.
5. Finish with a sprig of fresh herbs and serve. Allow 5 minutes to cool before serving
6. Serve with a mixture of spinach and rocket leaves.
Sign up and save
Entice customers to sign up for your mailing list with discounts or exclusive offers.