This is a great summer salad recipe which is ideal for light lunch or starter, a great tasting clean meal option. Vegetarian and gluten free.
- 2 Beetroots cooked and diced
- 1/2 Onion finely diced
- 1/2 Red pepper finely diced
- 1 Baby gem lettuce thinly sliced
- 50g Low fat feta crumbled
- Balsamic vinegar a cap full
- Olive oil a cap full
- Sea salt and pepper pinch of each
Prepare all the ingredients above. Wash the lettuce throughly and chop the salad ingredients
Place the peppers, onions and beetroot into a bowl together then add vinegar and olive oil. Mix together well with salt and pepper.
Place the cleaned lettuce on a plate, then add the feta and beetroot mix on top. Serve with fresh quarter tomatoes on the side and fresh herbs.