When it comes to various supplements and nutrients you can use to enhance your health, maca powder is one to consider adding to your daily regimen. Maca powder is powder that is derived from the root of a plant in the radish family that is grown in the Andes mountains in Peru. It smells vaguely like butterscotch and has a nutty flavor, and it has been used by the Peruvians for centuries for a number of different physical symptoms and situations, offering many advantages to those who add it to their diet.
What is Maca Powder Used For?
Maca Powder is often used for the following conditions:
- Fatigue. Maca powder helps boost your energy levels, giving both your body and your mind a lift when you are feeling tired and worn out, making you feel more alert.
- Stress. The more stress you are under, the more cortisol your body releases, which can adversely affect certain adrenal glands, heightening the stress response. Maca powder helps reduce those effects.
- Memory issues. Taking maca can help improve your memory, making it easier to recall things that happened yesterday, as well as long ago.
- Migraine headaches. If you suffer from regular, chronic migraine headaches, maca may help by balancing the hormones that are causing your head pain.
- Poor immune function. Maca’s vitamin C and zinc content are said to help strengthen your immune function, making you less susceptible to the latest bug or virus that is going around.
- Thyroid dysfunction. Taking maca powder on a regular basis can help your thyroid function more effectively.
- Decreased sex drive. Research has shown positive effects on raising men’s sex drive when they take maca powder. It also raises the production of sperm as well.
- Infertility. Maca powder has been found to boost fertility for both sexes.
These are just a few of the uses that maca is good for. Do you take maca powder? If so, what for and what were the results? Share your comments below!