Chickpea biryani is a very simple dish to make. This recipe will take around 40 minutes in all to prepare and cook. The recipe below was cooked for 2 person.
- 1 Tin cooked chickpeas (drained)
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 knob ginger
- 20g Cumin
- 20g Gram masala
- 15g Turmeric
- 25g Ground coriander
- 2 white Onions (diced)
- 1 litre vegetable Stock
- 100ml Yoghurt
- 1 cup of rice
- First prepare all the vegetables and then place a deep pan on high heat, make sure that the pan you use has metal handles as you will be placing this into the oven later.( turn the oven on 170c)
- First add oil cook the garlic, ginger, chickpeas, lentals and onions together. Cook for 3 minutes then add all the spices to the pan cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- Once all the mixture is brown add all the vegetable stock on high heat cook for 10 minutes then add all the rice stir a few times and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Now the biryani is ready just take out of the oven and sitr in yoghurt.