This focaccia recipe is simple and easy to make all you need are the simple ingredients below ;
- 1 kg strong flour
- 20g bread improver
- 30g dry active yeast
- 20g salt
- 8g mixed herbs
- 80g olive oil
- 600ml water
Mix the dry ingredients together without the water for 5 minutes, with hands or machine. After you have mixed well add the oil then start to add the water slowly whilst mixing.
- Place all dry ingredients and oil in mixer, and leave for on mix 10 minutes so that all ingredients are well mixed together and oil has been worked into flour
- Add tepid water water to mixture and mix well for 5 minutes , then speed up and and mix for a further 5 minutes remember to add a little water to soften dough, flour will soak small amounts of water just mix well until light and soft
- Once mix is ready take out and knead light and leave prove for 15-20 minutes in humid area, make sure cover with damp cloth
- Then cut into 450g amounts and knead onto large try in baking tin another 40-60 minutes in a warm damp area cover with damp cloth. Make sure that dough has risen double the size leave longer if needed.
- Then place into pre heated oven on bake 183 c for 8 min
- Once done remove from oven and place on cooling rack