What can I do with old carrots? soup recipe
Have some old carrots you need to use up? try this easy soup recipe !
Carrot, ginger & cumin soup
- 500 g carrots peeled & chopped
- 2 large onions peeled and diced
- 1 small cut of fresh ginger
- Tsp cumin ground
- Tsp ground coriander
- Pinch of cumin seeds
- 20ml Greek Yogurt
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 2 litres stock ( chicken or vegetable)
- Boil water, add vegetable stock to boiling water mixing throughly
- Place carrots and onions into boiling stock and leave on high heat for 20 minutes until carrots are cooked fully
- Once this stage is reached add the salt, pepper, spices with ginger and blend together with hand blender.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes, then add yogurt and serve hot.
- You can always finish with a pinch of fresh herbs to make it special.
For other carrot recipes please follow here