“A sound mind is in a sound body” is what they say. Stress, hypertension, anxiety, depression and several other similar problems have grown frequent around the world, especially in women.
In order to cope with such mental health problems, people have grown more focused when it comes to maintaining their physique, which not only (by itself) benefits the body, but also nourishes and relaxes the mind too.
Strength training is an effective way to improve balance, flexibility and overall body health; including anaerobic endurance and building of skeletal muscles.
Strength Training for Women
Women tend to keep up with certain regimes that aid them in strength training; be it mental or physical health. These range from running up and down the stairs to using simple gym equipment such as an automatic running machine.
Following are the 9 things women do at home for strength training. You don't necessarily need to have a gym membership to remain fit and maintain firmness in your body.
- First and foremost, a fresh mind is what'll prepare you for the endurance of all things to occur in strength training. "Early to bed early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise," is what most successful women believe in. It leads to a person being more proactive, positive, lively and optimistic too. ‘Morning people’ are more likely to anticipate problems and minimize them efficiently which ultimately leads to success.
- A healthy outside for a person starts from the inside, and so, most women are conscious with their daily diet. Planning a proper daily meal schedule is what counts most in strength training.
Cut fats and oil, and all sort of excessive intakes that may, in the longer run, cause health problems such as obesity and certain other complications. Maintaining a proper diet prevents diseases, strengthens internal organs, increases immunity and allows the brain to function productively.
- To maintain their figure, women keep up with light morning exercises such as push-ups, squats, lunges, walking up and down the stairs, simple rope skipping, jogging in place, etc. Exercises tend to increase appetites for a healthy meal, reduce constipation, improve heart and muscle strength and maintain blood pressure and body fat.
- Additionally, staying hydrated plays a major role. Water promotes weight loss, drains out toxins, boosts the immune system, improves skin complexion, acts a solvent for food substances and thus aids in effective digestion and prevents all types of skin problems and outbreaks Furthermore, there are no calories in water for you to worry about.
- ‘Yoga,' is another fun as well as a manageable way for women to keep up with their strength training. Keeping up with your yoga routine increases overall flexibility, improves cardio and circulatory health, muscles' rhythmic contractions, protects from injuries, balances metabolism, etc. It allows one to have higher yields of consciousness and self-regulation, thus strengthening one's internal self.
- A hip hop, tango, flamenco, and Zumba are few body-involving movements, categorized as dancing, that woman can do at home for strength training. Drenched in sweat, your bodies are able to improve breathing and flush out toxins.
- Women, especially homemakers, can also use their domestic chores for strength training. Vigorously cleaning the house, watching clothes, and more can give your body a good workout.
- Women can also play with their kids at the park or at the house to remain active and ward off any potential illnesses that pose a threat due to being inactive.
- Lifting weights is a part of strength training which can be done at home. The weights don't have to be too heavy and it's up to you if you're aiming for increased muscle mass.